The Final Trail saying goodbye 16th May 2020

 The Final Trail - saying goodbye

When all the love has come and gone,
And people, one by one move on.
I will think back and remember you,
so full of life, so good, so true.
I slowly pulled back the sheet,
hoping your face once more to meet -
Your body still, had kept some heat but
where your heart was, I found no beat.
Your Spirit and your Soul had fled
Leaving your body dead -
Your chest was still, to breath no more
Your hand hung limp towards the floor.
You had been the Alpha male,
Leading the pack without a fail,
Yet here you lie, still and pale
Time to take that final trail - alone
Soul look up, your King draws neigh -
You were really to young to die,
There was so much we aspired -
But now you have left my side.
Now with angels you will sing -
Praises to your God and King.
I will not be far behind -
Wait for me, on the other side.
- my love.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

For the Last Time Blog 16th May 2020 [Funeral Home]

Housekeeping 1 June 2020