Road to Recovery Poem to Jeffrey Ivan Knipe

 Ode to a Soulmate during Covid [after 52 years of togetherness]

When I felt your spirit slip away from mine. I knew I saw you for the very last time.
We met, I was younger then,
and lived alone in the world of men.
Like two lost souls we intertwined
our life lines - me with yours and yours
with mine.
It seems that it would always last, long summer days and winters past.
We climbed the high mountains of life together,
Valleys dark at times but friends
forever .
It's sad that at the end of life, you crossed that last chasm without your wife.
Just wait for me on the other shore,
it won't be long - separated no more.
We will run up the hills, and laugh in the rain
in a God-given world with no sickness or pain.
We will sing with the angels of mercy and grace
As we find each other in that wonderful place.
Love is eternal or so they say - I'll be seeing you very soon, one fine day.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Final Trail saying goodbye 16th May 2020

For the Last Time Blog 16th May 2020 [Funeral Home]

Housekeeping 1 June 2020